COUNTY OF SULLIVAN INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
One Cablevision Center
Ferndale, New York 12734
For FY 2011
Name of Public Authority:
County of Sullivan Industrial Development Agency
Public Authority’s Mission Statement:
The County of Sullivan Industrial Development Agency (IDA) was created by an act of the New York State Legislature in 1970, as a public benefit corporation of the State of New York, under Section 906 of the General Municipal Law, to grant tax abatements and to help advance such projects.
Industrial development agencies were created in New York State to attract and enhance industrial and economic development, help create jobs and maintain economic stability within municipal or regional boundaries. Because New York’s Constitution prohibits municipalities from making gifts or loans to private companies or individuals, the creation of IDAs provided a viable mechanism to accomplish commercial, recreational, and industrial development goals. Support of a healthy economy, the creation and retention of jobs, on a local, regional and State level is an important policy objective.
The County of Sullivan Industrial Development Agency’s primary goal is to promote economic welfare, recreation opportunities, prevent unemployment and economic deterioration, ensure the prosperity of Sullivan County’s inhabitants, and promote tourism and trade.
Date Adopted: 1970, readopted January 10, 2012.
List of Performance Goals:
- To meet all legal requirements of the Agency.
- To review project employment goals and the achievement of those goals.
- To make decisions consistent with the Agency’s mission statement.
- To make decisions that will promote and ensure the prosperity of the inhabitants of Sullivan County.
The County of Sullivan Industrial Development Agency (IDA) shall annually review its Mission Statement and identify whether the IDA continues to meet its stated mission, goals, and values; can quantify measures of improvement to better meet its stated mission, goals, and values; can become more effective and efficient; and is meeting the interests of IDA and Sullivan County within the framework of its stated mission.
Performance Measurement Questions:
- Have the board members acknowledged that they have read and understood the mission of the public authority? Yes.
2. Do the board members affirm its membership, board, committee, and management structure? Yes.
3. Has the agency complied with the Public Authorities Accountability Act of 2005 and the Public Authorities Reform Act of 2009? Yes.
4. Does the agency conduct business in an environment that fosters transparency? Yes.
5. Does the agency install and uphold high ethical conduct within the entire organization? Yes.
Approved by the Board of the County of Sullivan Industrial Development Agency: January 10, 2012.